What is Lead Generation?s
Posted July 23, 2009on:
What is Lead Generation?
Lead generation about finding people who are ready to say yes. Depending on your business, that might be yes to a phone call, an appointment, or even a sale.
Lead generation is a win-win for both the buyer and seller. A buyer is able to request information from several businesses that offer the product or service that they are looking for and the seller is given the opportunity to pitch their product or service to someone who has given them permission. Conversion rates on leads that you receive often have a higher conversion success rate than cold contacts because the prospect is prequalified, before you ever receive the lead.
Lead generation has become popular with businesses because it enables a business to:
• Determine pricing on a per lead basis
• Choose the product or service they wish to offer to prospects
• Select the geographical area that the business is interested in
• Control the number of leads a business wishes to receive per month (this assists with budgeting)
• Pay only for the leads that are received